Metal Coaters® cleans, pre-treats and roll applies organic coatings in a continuous process on hot-dipped galvanized, Galvalume®, cold-rolled, electro-galvanized and aluminum coil. Pre-painted steel and aluminum coil is used in a wide variety of construction applications such as pre-engineered wall and roof panels, architectural building panels, agricultural wall and roof panels, garage and entry doors, door frames and commercial or manufactured goods such as acoustical ceiling grid, light fixtures, closet hardware, consumer electronics, office furniture and appliances.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
The Customer Service Representative serves as the primary contact for customers and/or consignees of Metal Coaters. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for customer/consignee communication, on time delivery performance and inventory management. The Customer Service Representative ensures that customer requirements are met and that customers are satisfied with the company services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems
2. Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices and prepare invoices for returned goods
3. Complete contract forms, prepare change of address records, or issue service discontinuance orders, using computers
4. Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints
5. Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments
6. Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
7. Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken
8. Obtain and examine all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes, such as extreme weather conditions that could increase utility bills
9. Order tests that could determine the causes of product malfunctions
10. Recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures to prevent future problems
11. Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation
12. Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills
13. Review claims adjustments with dealers, examining parts claimed to be defective, and approving or disapproving dealers' claims
14. Review insurance policy terms to determine whether a particular loss is covered by insurance
15. Solicit sales of new or additional services or products
16. Responsible for management, analysis and reporting of customer specific KPI’s
17. Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental principles associated with the Quality and Environmental Managements systems in place at Metal Coaters
18. Responsible for communicating daily with all levels of employees in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving company goals
19. Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly
20. Ensure compliance with federal and state laws
21. Perform all duties in a safe manner
22. Perform other duties as assigned
It is the responsibility of all employees to avoid environmental impacts including but not limited to the release of gas or toxic vapors, solvents, paints, grease, oils and various other chemicals into the environment. Caution needs to be taken to avoid spills. If a spill occurs Metal Coaters, (Spill Response, Log and Report procedures) must be followed. In addition, all employees are responsible to recycle all recyclable materials including but not limited to paper, plastics, cardboard, ink cartridges, etc. Good housekeeping practices are essential as a preventative measure.
To perform satisfactorily in this position, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for employees with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree Arts or related degree
A minimum 3 years of experience or related work experience is required
Additional experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence. In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one, in small group situations and settings is required.
Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and statistics. Some positions may require advance mathematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must. In addition, the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
A detailed understanding of metal, paint characteristics and coil coating lines is required
Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
Ability to work with a diversified work force
Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/ or criminal background check
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; lift; climb and/or balance for essential tasks. Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee may be required to enter areas that are near moving mechanical parts, with occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, and extreme cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate, and may require the use of hearing protection. The employee will be required to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas.
Before initiating work at Metal Coaters, the employee is required to read and understand the position’s Job Safety Analysis. The employee must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and perform tasks in a manner consistent with NCI and Metal Coaters safety training, NCI Employee Manual and OSHA regulations.