MBCI is the industry leading manufacturer of metal roof and wall systems, including six separate standing seam roofing systems. MBCI has always and continues to provide the metal construction industry with the highest quality products and services available to architects, owners and contractors.
MBCI management realized years ago that anyone can own land, buildings and equipment. However, without dedicated employees, a company has nothing. Through the hard work and dedication of our employees, MBCI has prospered. This success is a tribute to the people who have made it the largest and most successful component organization in the industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Purchase materials, accessories and/or services per Procurement policy, manuals and other relevant company policies in support of assigned manufacturing facility(ies) requirements for materials, accessories and/or services in support of manufacturing. Utilize NCI Group, Inc.’s agreements and approved suppliers. Required products and services are to be secured at cost, quality and delivered by required date consistent with company policy and performance standards. The position is further responsible for Purchase Order execution and document retention. The position works closely with manufacturing, sales personnel and suppliers to analyze materials consumption and stocking levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Must be able to work well with internal customers as well as vendors and suppliers.
2. Review Min/Max and Min/Max Demand Report Daily.
3. Create purchase orders for component replenishment and outside services.
4. Coordinate outside manufactured parts and services with vendors.
5. Accurate order preparation, retention and distribution of PO’s and Terms and Conditions.
6. Responsibility to include but not limited to finished goods, consignment and shop supplies.
7. Monitor inventory levels, communicate variances and adjust accordingly. Develop and maintain an appropriate inventory of stock maximizing availability of forecasted and predictable materials.
8. Maintain item data in Oracle 10.7 system to evaluate inventory levels.
9. Assist with shop personnel on new product familiarity.
10. Coordinate Coil requirements with appropriate company locations.
11. Coordinate with all sales personnel on quotes and availability of product.
12. Furnish Sales department and customer information about the product.
13. Execute weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual Procurement audit processes as directed.
14. Comply with all NCI Group, Inc. practices and policies.
The physical demands for this position are those normally associated with office 95% of the time with 5% in a plant environment. Lifting will be mostly less than 10 pounds with occasional lifting up to 25 pounds. The position will require regular standing, walking, sitting, reaching, crouching and communicating in a manufacturing office environment. Normal vision to perform office duties commensurate with the position is required. Safety equipment will be required when entering the plant environment.
The position reports directly to the Procurement Manager-Components.
Working in an office environment 95% of the time with 5% of the time in a plant environment requiring the use of safety equipment such as hard hat, safety glasses and steel toe shoes/boots.
Education & Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and three years related experience and/or training. Associate’s degree desired but not required.
Computer Skills: MS Office Suite proficiency. ERP system utilization and transaction management. (Oracle 10.7, 11i or equivalent)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CPM, CPSM, CPIM or equivalent designation desired but not required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business literature. Ability to effectively present information, and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Collaboration: Work with various location and brand personnel to achieve company goals and objectives. Building and promoting a team atmosphere across the organization.
Additional: Pass the required physical examination and drug test.