NCI Building Systems, Inc. is one of North America's largest integrated manufacturers of metal products for the nonresidential building industry. NCI is comprised of a family of companies operating manufacturing facilities across the United States, with additional sales and distribution offices throughout the United States and Canada.
NCI's metal building systems are custom-designed for a wide variety of applications in virtually every end market including commercial and industrial, as well as, institutional and agricultural. NCI manufacturing capabilities can meet the specifications of both small, simple structures as well as large, more complex facilities. Our buildings benefit from personalized design coupled with the strength of steel. Each building can be customized beyond shape and size, select from numerous panel profiles, a large color palette and several faux finishes. Or, as an alternative, combine our metal building systems with brick, stone or other conventional building materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Welders duties include:
- Must be a Structural MIG Welder.
- Must have a knowledge of and commitment to all safety rules and precautions necessary for working in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to maintain AWS (American Welding Society) and CWB (Canadian Welding Bureau) certifications.
- Must check work assignments and interprets blueprints and/or sketches to determine parts required.
- Responsible for measuring, marking, counting, and locating components on/in an assembly.
- Advises Team Leader of any discrepancies in and/or shortages of required parts.
- Maintains continuous improvement practices in work area.
- May be assigned to any other projects or duties as designated by Team Leader.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must own leather steel toe boots.
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must have completed Vocational Course MIG in welding or have one (1) year experience in welding
- GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) welding skills required.
- Must possess a valid AWS certification OR Must be able to pass an AWS weld certification test.
- Must be able to operate MIG welders, measuring tools, grinders, torches, other hand tools and hammers.
- Experience in overhead crane operation, is preferred.
- Must be able to pass Background & Drug Screen
- Must pass pre-hire assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate is required