MBCI is the industry leading manufacturer of metal roof and wall systems, including six separate standing seam roofing systems. MBCI has always and continues to provide the metal construction industry with the highest quality products and services available to architects, owners and contractors. MBCI management realized years ago that anyone can own land, buildings and equipment. However, without dedicated employees, a company has nothing. Through the hard work and dedication of our employees, MBCI has prospered. This success is a tribute to the people who have made it the largest and most successful component organization in the industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Machine Operator duties include:
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as hemmer, folder, rolls, shears, slitters, and flat sheet for metal products.
- Maintains operating records and reports of test results. Monitors operation to detect defects such as calculations for trim measurements and lengths, paint pick, scratches, edge wave, paint color of the metal.
- Reports any malfunctions or abnormalities and makes minor adjustments and repairs to equipment.
- Fabricates metal parts for buildings according to job order, verbal instructions, and blueprints.
- Develops layout and plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of trigonometry, stock allowances for thickness, machine shrinkage, and physical properties of metal.
- Designs and constructs templates and fixtures. Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto work place.
- Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications, using square, ruler, measuring tape and precision measuring instruments.
- Operating press brake, shear or slitting machine.
- Responsible for set up special parts for production.
-Adhere to all safety, quality, and productivity guidelines.
- Must be able to read Blueprints
- Ability to read tape measure to sixteenths
- Overhead crane experience a plus
- Must be able to read protactor.
- Dependable work ethic with positive attitude
- Must be a Team Player
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work scheduled hours including overtime
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check