Team Lead duties include:
Responsible for managing all production operations, shop activities, shipping, receiving, and cost. Will be responsible for leadership of five or more team leaders, and multiple shifts depending on work schedules.
- Manage the activities of the shop floor, under the direction of the Operation Manager and follow established procedures and approved processes
- Supervise all production operations such as roll forming, machining, processing, assembly, etc.
- Train/coach team leaders and oversee the training of department leads, line technicians, and production team members in order to meet our company's goals and objectives
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver quality manufactured products in a timely fashion
- Communicate line problems, parts shortages, engineering problems, etc. to management
- Maintain daily communication with team members and management
- Continuously seek new and innovative ways to solve problems while maintaining focus on continuous improvement
- Support team leaders/members in order to implement quality and productivity improvements through continuous improvement projects
- Assist with Human Resources related functions, including employee hiring and retention, performance reviews, progressive discipline, and enforcement of CENTRIA's policies and procedures
- Emphasis in developing labor cost reduction system as well as maximizing efficiency
- Balance safety, quality, productivity, and employee morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Prepare for and participate in monthly plant wide meetings
- The ability to exercise Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques is required.