The Production Helper will perform duties to load, unload, store, retrieve and grind materials as directed, complying with instructions and prescribes routines, methods or procedures and involving the making of minor decisions.
- Work from instructions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Assist with operations at any plant cutting or laminating station as directed.
- Remove laminated boards from conveyor, stack in bundles or designated number, make up corrugated end caps, folding and stapling materials as required to suit bundle size. Operate banding equipment to band loads and move bundles to storage area.
- Move boards from conveyor after slicing operation, tape bundles, place into plastic bags and move to designated storage area.
- Move blocks and/or finished product to and from storage areas as required – may require going up and down ramp or steps.
- Place scrap polystyrene on to grinder conveyor to feed grinding operation and ensure that no foreign material enters grinder. Load storage bags of ground material from hopper.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force group to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new development, requirements and policies.
- Perform or assist with any department operations as required or directed to maintain work flow or respond to emergency conditions.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Ensure safe operating procedures and conditions within area of responsibility.
- Able to work in extreme temperatures in a non-climate controlled environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.