The Maintenance Systems Tech is responsible for the repair and monitoring of electronic and programmable control systems, and preventive maintenance on motorized electrical equipment. The Maintenance Systems Tech responds to the needs of the production supervisor in the event of an unplanned production line breakdown. The Maintenance Systems Tech effectively utilizes manpower and equipment to complete repairs in a timely manner, thereby contributing to the productivity and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (To include the following, others may be assigned)
- Responsible for safely performing emergency and preventative repairs to plant machinery and infrastructure.
- Responsible for responding to work instructions from the Maintenance Group Leader, and/ or responds to emergency or breakdown calls. Diagnosing problems, dismantling and replacing defective or worn parts, testing of all repairs after replacement before turning over to the machine operator.
- Responsible for performing assigned preventive maintenance from the Maintenance Group Leader, monitor electronic equipment in the plant such as LEL’s Video Jet Printer, Ovens, Oxidizer Controls, Line Drives, and all electronic devices throughout the facilities. Responsible for keeping a log on safety devices such as fail safes within the line. Preventive maintenance on drives, tracking units, motors, electronic monitoring equipment, etc.
- Responsible for responding to the needs of the production supervisor in the event of an emergency breakdown. Effectively utilizes manpower and equipment to complete repairs in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the cleanup of Maintenance and work areas where repairs are performed.
- Responsible for the safe and prudent use of company equipment and tools. Also, ensures a safe work environment by utilizing Lock-out/Tag-out procedures and reporting any unsafe condition.
- Responsible for the inventory of maintenance supplies. Informs the Maintenance Group Leader and or Maintenance Assistant when supplies have been removed from stock and require replenishment. Provides ordering information for replenishment of stock.
- Responsible for utilizing the Work Order system both in entering work orders and completing work orders, as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Planner.
- Reports to the Maintenance Group Leader or Production Leader during off-shifts and weekends.
- Other duties include but are not limited to, plumbing concrete work, digging and climbing to elevated heights.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental principles associated with the Quality and Environmental Management System in place at Metal Coaters.
- Communicates daily with internal personnel from Production and Quality Control in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving company goals.