Metal Coaters specialized in the continuous coating of flat-rolled metal coils. Metal Coaters uses state-of-the-art techniques to clean, pre-treat, and apply organic coatings (paint) to Hot-Dipped Galvanize, Galvanneal, Galvalume ®, Cold Rolled, Electro-Galvanized Steel and Aluminum substrates.
Pre-painted metal coil is utilized in a wide variety of construction applications such as roof and wall panels for pre-engineered, architectural, and agricultural markets; garage and entry doors; door frames; HVAC components; transportation; and, commercial or manufactured goods such as acoustical ceiling grids, light fixtures, closet hardware, consumer electronics, office furniture and appliances.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Machine Operator duties include:
- Must read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template;
- Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine;
- Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction;
- Must measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation;
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or workpieces;
- Required to stack, mark part number, order number, number of pieces, etc., on parts or attaches identification tag, as required identification;
- Must have ability to write routine reports and possess basic math skills involving weight measurement, volume and distance
- HS Diploma or equivalent, including or supplemented by a course in blueprint reading.
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively to supervisors and peers and work as a team member.