Metal Coaters specialized in the continuous coating of flat-rolled metal coils. Metal Coaters uses state-of-the-art techniques to clean, pre-treat, and apply organic coatings (paint) to Hot-Dipped Galvanize, Galvanneal, Galvalume ®, Cold Rolled, Electro-Galvanized Steel and Aluminum substrates.
Pre-painted metal coil is utilized in a wide variety of construction applications such as roof and wall panels for pre-engineered, architectural, and agricultural markets; garage and entry doors; door frames; HVAC components; transportation; and, commercial or manufactured goods such as acoustical ceiling grids, light fixtures, closet hardware, consumer electronics, office furniture and appliances.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Material Handler duties include:
Safely handling and staging material for production at the paint line/ Slitter. The Material Handler is also responsible for preparing necessary materials for packaging of finished coils. In addition to those primary functions, the Material Handler ensures that finished coils are properly identified with a coil identification ticket and are stored properly in a designated location.
- Prepares materials to be used for packaging and shipping of finished coils
- Packages finished coils in a safe manner and moving those coils in a safe manner to a designated location for finished goods
- Verifies that finished goods (coils) are properly identified with an identification ticket prior to moving them to a storage area
- Verifies that finished goods (coils) are not damaged or visibly non-conforming prior to moving them to a designated storage area
- Quarantines non-conforming material (using the HFI process) and notifying Quality Control when non-conforming conditions exist
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental principles associated with the Quality and Environmental Managements systems in place at Metal Coaters
- Responsible for communicating daily with all levels of employees in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving company goals
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Material Handling or Shipping & Receiving experience preferred.